Audi South Africa is announcing the arrival of the refreshed Audi A5 Sportback, Coupe and S5 Cabriolet models to the local dealership floors.
Already available for purchase at all Audi dealerships across SA, the models spawn a new look that comes courtesy of new and sharper accents.
The front grille is now flatter and wider than the outgoing model. The front fascia is new and incorporates larger air inlets.
The rear comes fitted with a diffuser insert with trapezoidal tailpipes. Matrix LED headlights with LED rear lights with dynamic turn signals come standard.
Customers can also choose from 12 exterior paint finishes, including the new shade district green, metallic.
The exterior design is available in two options, a standard variant in the entry-level model and the S line trim line across the range. The standard model offers:
- 17 inch cast aluminium wheels
- Door sills with aluminium inserts in the front
- Black matte radiator grille with a chrome frame
- Black matte grained side air intakes and rear diffuser
- Tailpipe trims in aluminium silver matte and a bar tailgate in chrome
The S line models will offer a differentiated exterior design which includes:
- 18 inch cast aluminium wheels
- Front sills with aluminium inserts, illuminated and with S lettering
- S line emblem on the front fenders
- Widened side skirts in body colour finish
- Sports suspension
- S line-specific radiator grille in titanium black and chrome framed
- Side air inlets in matt black grained with matt aluminium silver
- S line-specific rear diffuser in titanium black matt
- Rear trim in aluminium silver matt and bar tailgate in chrome
The S models also come with their own unique look which includes:
- 19 inch S style contrast grey wheels
- Red brake callipers
- Exterior mirror housings in aluminium look
- Larger rear spoiler
- S model bumpers
- S sports suspension
The interior is bolstered with standard seats that are available with leather/leatherette upholstery in five different shades.
The refreshed Audi A5 range interior comes equipped with an MMI touch display plus a 10.1-inch touch display with acoustic feedback replaces the rotary pushbutton used in previous models.
The Audi A5 comes standard with Audi smartphone interface which enables Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. There is an optional head-up display.
Other optional extras like the Audi phone box and the Bang & Olufsen Premium Sound System with 3D sound round are included throughout the range.
The S5 Cabriolet
The S5 Cabriolet spawns a classic fabric top that can be fully opened in 15 seconds at speeds of up to 50 km/h. The boot space is measured at 370 litres and the split rear seatbacks can be folded forward.
Like other new Audi models, buyers of the refreshed Audi A5 and S5 models will benefit from the package concept that includes :
- Technology (MMI navigation plus with MMI touch; Audi connect full functionality; contour ambient lighting)
- Comfort (electric front seats; seat heaters; rearview camera; storage package)
- Sport (flat bottomed multi-function steering wheel in 3 spoke design with shift paddles; sport seats; black lining).
The Audi A5 range comprises of the 40 TFSI Coupé that is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine with 140 kW and 320 Nm all sent to the front axle.
It hurtles from a standstill to 100 km/h in 7.3 seconds.
The diesel variant comes courtesy of a 40 TDI Quattro that utilises a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbodiesel engine with 140 kW and 400 Nm of torque all sent to all four wheels via a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The range-topping S5 uses a 3.0-litre turbo petrol engine with 260 kW and 500 Nm giving it a 4.7 seconds sprint to 100 km/h before hitting the limiter at 250 km/h. It uses an eight-speed Tiptronic transmission.
- Audi A5 40 TFSI Coupé: R751 000
- Audi A5 40 TFSI Coupé S line: R796 000
- Audi A5 40 TFSI Sportback S line: R811 000
- Audi A5 40 TDI Coupé S line Quattro: R836 000
- Audi A5 40 TDI Sportback S line Quattro: R851 000
- Audi S5 Coupé TFSI Quattro: R1 052 000
- Audi S5 Sportback TFSI Quattro: R1 067 000
- Audi S5 Cabriolet TFSI Quattro: R1 152 000
The Audi A5 and S5 range is currently available for sale at all Audi Dealerships in South Africa and comes standard with the 5 year / 100 000km Audi Freeway Plan, inclusive of all taxes.