Krugersdorp assault survivor speaks out as recovery continues
A 22-year-old accused of assaulting a man in the West Rand of Gauteng is due back in court next month, while the victim says time and medical observation will determine the long-term impact of his injuries.
Jacques Roberts, the man who was assaulted at a hangout spot in Krugersdorp North earlier in August, has been discharged from hospital, reports Krugersdorp News.
Roberts was allegedly pushed down a flight of stairs and sustained serious head and facial injuries after a late-night incident at 6 on Heritage Square.
Speaking to the Krugersdorp News on August 20, Roberts said his neck still hurts and he suffers regular headaches. He is booked off work until September 22 and remains under medical observation.
Reflecting on the incident, he said no one deserves to be pushed down stairs, especially when innocent. Asked how his injuries will affect his life long-term, he said the full impact remains unclear.
“The doctor says there can be a bunch of implications, but just time and observation will be able to tell,” he said.
Seeking justice
Roberts said that he feels the person responsible needs to pay for his actions.
“I forgive him, but I’m not going to leave the case because someone is going to end up losing their life.”
He wants to thank everyone for their prayers and support, and he appreciates it a lot.
A 22-year-old man was arrested shortly after the assault and made his first appearance in court. He is expected to appear again on September 9.
Breaking news at your fingertips… Follow Caxton Network News on Facebook and join our WhatsApp channel.
Nuus wat saakmaak. Volg Caxton Netwerk-nuus op Facebook en sluit aan by ons WhatsApp-kanaal.
Read original story on www.citizen.co.za