In honour of World Homoeopathy Day, we’re investigating whether homoeopathy is appropriate for children.
In comparison to previous generations, parents today are far more conscious of what medications they give to their children. Parents place a higher premium on quality when it comes to medical care and are also more aware of the side effects of conventional medications, and are willing to try alternative treatments free of preservatives, colourants, and flavourings.
Conventional medications can have side effects, while antibiotics can irritate your child’s digestive system, according to studies. However, homoeopathy provides natural remedies that are safe and have a long-lasting effect by boosting the body’s immunity.
What is homoeopathy?
Homoeopathy is a system of medicine that is holistic in nature. It focuses on strengthening the immune system rather than on curing the disease.
Good to know: It is always important to seek medical attention from your family doctor before administering homoeopathic solutions to your child.
What conditions can homoeopathy help treat?
The following are just a few of the conditions in which homoeopathy works for children:
- Acute illnesses such as the common cold, the flu, sore throats, and stomach infections.
- Diseases such as eczema and allergies
- Boosting your child’s immune system: Along with healing, homoeopathy can strengthen a child’s defence mechanisms against disease.
- Homoeopathy can be effective in treating colic, earache, and relieving minor pain and discomfort.
- If your child is restless, homoeopathy can be beneficial even in the case of hyperactive children.
- Homoeopathy can help aid your child’s concentration.