The Bourbon and Apple Fizz is a refreshing cocktail that perfectly captures the essence of spring. With the warmth of bourbon and the crispness of apple cider, it’s a delightful drink to enjoy as the weather warms up.
- 60 ml bourbon
- 30 ml apple cider
- 15 ml fresh lemon juice
- 15 ml simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water)
- Ice cubes
- Club soda
- Thin apple slices and a lemon twist for garnish
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, apple cider, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to chill the mixture.
- Strain the cocktail mixture into the prepared glass over the ice cubes or cinnamon stick.
- Gently top off the cocktail with club soda. You can adjust the amount to your taste, but about 60 ml of club soda is a good starting point.
- Add a thin apple slice or two to the drink.
- If desired, twist a lemon peel over the top of the glass to release its aromatic oils, then drop it in as a garnish. Alternatively, add in a few Rosemary
- Give the cocktail a gentle stir to incorporate all the flavours.
Tips: Adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less simple syrup. You can also experiment with different types of bourbon for variations in flavour.