Man (43) arrested for the brutal murder of West Rand colleague

Witnesses saw a man take selfies with the body of the Sibanye-Stillwater employee whose throat was cut with a small knife.

Police are investigating a case of murder after the brutal killing of a Sibanye-Stillwater employee that has shocked the West Rand community.

According to police spokesperson Captain Solomon Sibiya, a 43-year-old man has been arrested for the murder that happened in front of onlookers.

Sibiya explained that last week, the perpetrator attacked the man and fatally stabbed him at their place of residence – the Leseding hostel.

The perpetrator used a small knife to cut the victim’s throat and thereafter proceeded to stab the man in his abdomen. The perpetrator was seen by eyewitnesses taking selfies with the victim after brutally killing him. It is also believed that the perpetrator published those photos on the status of a social media platform.

The police stated the suspect worked at Sibanye-Stillwater.

“Police have opened a case of murder for further investigation and the suspect is expected to appear in the Westonaria Magistrate’s Court on November 13,” said Sibiya.

Sibanye-Stillwater said it’s deeply shocked by the incident.

“We will provide any support to the families and impacted employees. We are committed to ensuring their well-being,” the mining company added.

Read original story on www.citizen.co.za

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Network News in Google News and Top Stories.

Ruan de Ridder

A digital support specialist at Caxton Local Media, known for his contributions to the digital landscape. He has covered major stories, including the Moti kidnappings, and edits and curates news of national importance from over 50 Caxton Local News sites.
Back to top button