Chloé Tryon has been named in a 16-player Proteas Women’s squad to face New Zealand in three ODIs and five T20Is in South Africa from September 24 to October 15.
The experienced all-rounder took a leave of absence from the team’s current tour of Pakistan.
“Maintaining squad consistency is key, to allow players to grow within the environment,” says Clinton du Preez, the Proteas Women convenor of selectors.
“We are very happy to have Chloé back within the space and excited to see how she will further improve the squad with her all-round qualities.
“We go into the New Zealand series on a high [having won the ODI series in Pakistan] and we want to carry the momentum into the series at home.”
Proteas Women’s squad: Anneke Bosch (Titans), Tazmin Brits (Garden Route Badgers), Nadine de Klerk (Western Province), Mieke de Ridder (Garden Route Badgers), Lara Goodall (Western Province), Sinalo Jafta (Lions), Marizanne Kapp (Eastern Province), Ayabonga Khaka (Lions), Masabata Klaas (Titans), Suné Luus (Titans), Nonkululeko Mlaba (Dolphins), Tumi Sekhukhune (Lions), Nondumiso Shangase (Dolphins), Chloé Tryon (Dolphins), Delmi Tucker (Western Province), Laura Wolvaardt (Titans).
Proteas Women vs NZ Women fixtures:
- First ODI – September 24 at 10:00: JB Marks Oval, Potchefstroom.
- Second ODI – September 28 at 09:30: Pietermaritzburg Oval, Pietermaritzburg.
- Third ODI – October 1 at 09:30: Kingsmead, Durban.
- First T20I – October 6 at 18:00: Buffalo Park, East London.
- Second T20I – October 8 at 14:00: Buffalo Park, East London.
- Third T20I – October 10 at 18:00: Buffalo Park, East London.
- Fourth T20I – October 14 at 14:00: Willowmoore Park, Benoni.
- Fifth T20I – October 15 at 14:00: Willowmoore Park, Benoni.
Read original story on www.sacricketmag.com