Watch: Children among several injured in Durban bus crash

A bus crash occurred on a narrow road west of central Durban this morning, resulting in the road being closed to traffic. 

At least 15 people, including children, were injured in a bus crash in the Reservoir Hills area in Durban early this morning.

Garrith Jamieson, from ALS Paramedics says the bus overturned, and came to rest on its side, blocking the road. He says between 15 and 20 people were injured. The number of injured has not yet been officially confirmed and may change, but according to Jamieson, they sustained minor to moderate injuries. 

The Witness reports that Jamieson said Annet Drive was closed to traffic to allow emergency personnel to treat and transport the injured to the hospital. The bus recovery operation will begin once all injured have been transported, he says.

“I’d advise motorists to avoid this area at all costs. Multiple ALS Paramedics and ambulances are in attendance, attending to the injured. SAPS and metro police are in attendance, and will be investigating further,” Jamieson said. 

Earlier this year, 14 people were killed when a taxi crashed head-on into a truck. The dashcam from the truck shows the taxi overtaking multiple vehicles in the oncoming lane before the crash. 

The driver of the taxi, 22-year-old Ayanda Dludla, faces 14 counts of murder, three counts of attempted murder, one count of driving without a valid professional driving permit, and one count of driving an unlicensed motor vehicle.  

The matter has been postponed to March 5. 

Breaking news at your fingertips… Follow Caxton Network News on Facebook and join our WhatsApp channel.

Nuus wat saakmaak. Volg Caxton Netwerk-nuus op Facebook en sluit aan by ons WhatsApp-kanaal.

Read original story on witness.co.za

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Network News in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button