Are you an emerging artist looking for the perfect platform to showcase your talent? Look no further than the Sasol New Signatures Art Competition!
But what makes the Sasol New Signatures Art Competition so special? Here are 10 reasons why you should enter:
- The Sasol New Signatures Art Competition, established by the Association of Arts Pretoria in the 1960’s, is the longest running and most prestigious art competition in South Africa.
- For emerging artists wishing to take their careers to the next level, the Sasol New Signatures Art Competition is the perfect platform. The competition has been instrumental in providing career changing moments for scores of artists for 33 years.
- With no upper age limit, the competition invites South African artists aged 18 years and older to enter.
- The competition is open to all forms of artistic expression. Artists can enter up to two works in any visual art media including painting, drawing, sculpture, installations, digital and video.
- There is a rigorous and fair selection process, with both regional and national judging. Each entry is carefully reviewed by a panel of experienced judges, who select the best pieces to move forward to the final round of judging.
- Being a part of the Sasol New Signatures Art Competition offers tremendous exposure for emerging artists. Selected works are exhibited at the Pretoria Art Museum, included in the printed and digital catalogue and on social media.
- In addition to the recognition that comes from participating, the prize money for the competition includes R100 000 for the winner, R25 000 for the runner-up and R10 000 each for five merit awards.
- Media profiling for winning works nationally with an extensive media and marketing campaign.
- The winner of the competition is given the opportunity to have a solo exhibition at the prestigious Pretoria Art Museum. This exhibition takes place a year after winning the competition at the 2024 exhibition.
- The Sasol New Signatures team provides mentorship and support to the winner, which can be invaluable for an emerging artist. The team, which includes the Sasol New Signatures Chairperson, Sasol’s Art Curator, and other experts in the field are on hand to assist the winners to navigate the industry and solo exhibition.
Artworks can be submitted at one of several collection points around the country on Tuesday, 6 June and Wednesday, 7 June from 10h00 to 16h00.
A completed entry form and supporting documentation must be submitted along with the artworks. For more info on how to enter visit www.sasolsignatures.co.za including information tutorial videos, fact sheets and blogs on the competition.