News / South Africa / Local News

Corlia Kruger
1 minute read
26 Mar 2018
9:45 am

Shacks demolished after another land invasion attempt in Olievenhoutbosch

Corlia Kruger

As many as 15 completely built and 20 half-built structures were demolished on Sunday morning.

Photo: Facebook

An attempted land-invasion was again halted by authorities in Olievenhoutbosch, Centurion, on Sunday, Centurion Rekord reports.

Ward 48 councillor Kingsley Wakelin said another attempt made by illegal land invaders to occupy land near Thatchfield, Centurion, was thwarted when 35 shacks were broken down on Sunday morning.

READ MORE: Five suspects arrested during attempted Waterfall land invasion

“Fifteen complete and 20 half-built structures, erected during the night, had been demolished,” confirmed Wakelin.

This land invasion attempt follows many others last week, Wakelin said.

“Again they tried to occupy the land illegally this weekend,” he said.

“The president, premier and our  mayor gave clear instructions – we will not tolerate this behaviour and no illegal structures will be allowed to stand.”

Wakelin said the land-invaders, angry over the structures being demolished, preceded to throw stones at vehicles on the R55 near Waterberg Road.

Photo: Facebook

Photo: Facebook

Police spokesperson Constable Simon Chokoe said police were on the scene to control the situation.

“All is calm now, but police will continue to monitor the situation,” Chokoe said around noon on Sunday.

Photo: Facebook

Photo: Facebook

Five suspects arrested during attempted Waterfall land invasion

For more news your way, follow The Citizen on Facebook and Twitter.