Local news

Incident-free Rage Festival a success

Sixty-four artists performed over the course of the festival from December 2 to 10, while themed Whiteout, Neon Dream and Garden of Eden nights proved popular.

Around 5 000 excited matriculants attended this year’s Rage Festival held between the North Coast and Durban.

That is about 1 100 up on last year, which was the first unaffected event after Covid-19 and organisers are hopeful of a further bounce back.

Most of the ‘Ragers’ bought festival passports, ranging in price from R1 150 for general access to R3 700 for VIP status.

“While we haven’t yet reached our pre-Covid attendance numbers, the success of this year’s event indicates significant progress,” said Rage Festival organiser, Greg Walsh.

The main 15 000m² Sound Factory venue was again held inland of Ballito and drew some major international artists, including Nervo, Colyn, Amy Wiles and Francis Mercier.

Sixty-four artists performed over the course of festival from December 2 to 10, while themed Whiteout, Neon Dream and Garden of Eden nights proved popular.

Other North Coast locations used were at HULA in Salt Rock and Beach Bums in Westbrook.

“We are proud to share that there have been no significant incidents this year. We believe in creating a safe and enjoyable experience for all attendees, and the absence of incidents reflects the success of our efforts in achieving that goal,” he said.

Walsh thanked the Red Frogs for their ongoing support and ability to defuse minor incidents before they become serious.

“We are eternally grateful to Paul Rowney and his team and we know the Rage community are too.”

“We’d also like to express our gratitude to all of our suppliers, the local North Coast municipalities, every person who had a hand in supporting us to rebuild and once again give graduating matrics and students the experience they deserve.”

Follow The North Coast Courier on FacebookTwitterInstagram & YouTube for breaking news

WhatsApp Broadcast Service: https://chat.whatsapp.com/BdGZsGJEAf04AXZ2yLWi8T


Stay in the loop with The North Coast Courier on FacebookXInstagram & YouTube for the latest news.

Mobile users can join our WhatsApp Broadcast Service here, or if you’re on desktop, scan the QR code below.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from North Coast Courier in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button