Ballito’s Willard Beach was reopened to the public this morning after tests conducted by Siza Water found that the water was safe for swimming.
Lifeguard superintendent Bongani Xulu said Siza Water was quick to respond on Tuesday.
“They fixed the problem but the water still needed to be tested to ensure it was safe for swimming,” he said.
The test results gave the all-clear yesterday for the beach to be reopened today.
The water along Ballito’s coastline is closely monitored by the Ballito Urban Improvement Precinct and has tested clean and ideal for swimming since July last year, barring the January 23 sample taken after the flash floods.
Stay in the loop with The North Coast Courier on Facebook, X, Instagram & YouTube for the latest news.
Mobile users can join our WhatsApp Broadcast Service here or if you’re on desktop, scan the QR code below.

Stay in the loop with The North Coast Courier on Facebook, X, Instagram & YouTube for the latest news.
Mobile users can join our WhatsApp Broadcast Service here, or if you’re on desktop, scan the QR code below.
