Local news

Three people and one pet die from carbon monoxide poisoning in Greenwood Park

It is suspected the residents of the home died from carbon monoxide poisoning from their generator.

TRAGEDY struck a Rosary Road family this morning (Monday) when three members were discovered dead in their home due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

A neighbour requested that Marshall Security conduct a welfare inspection after family members said they had not heard from the occupants of the house since Saturday.

Read also: New date set for Northern Aqueduct water pipeline shutdown

“Upon arrival, what began as a welfare check quickly escalated into a tragic scene. Officers discovered a male individual, lifeless and in a state of decomposition, on the living room couch. Further investigation within the home revealed two additional victims, a female and another male, in the master bedroom, both without signs of life,” said Marshall Security spokesperson Tyron Powell.

The family’s young puppy was also found dead at the scene.

“The fire department conducted a thorough examination of the premises and identified a generator within the home as the likely cause of carbon monoxide poisoning,” he added.

Greenwood Park SAPS is investigating further into the incident.

For more from Northglen News, follow us on Facebook, X or Instagram. You can also check out our videos on our YouTube channel or follow us on TikTok.

Related Articles

 
Back to top button