Arson victim dies in hospital
The Vryheid Herald extends condolences to the family of the deceased.

THE woman whose home is believed to have been petrol bombed on September 9 sadly passed away from her injuries.
Investigating officer, Sergeant NW Nkosi, said that the woman’s boyfriend, Mfanuvele Zulu handed himself in at the Hlobane police station last week, and has appeared at the Vryheid Magistrate’s Court on charges of murder, attempted murder and arson.
Four people, including a five year old child were seriously injured when the farm dwelling burned down that Sunday night.
ALSO READ: Scorned lover suspected of petrol bombing girlfriend’s house
Witnesses told the police that the incident followed a lovers’ quarrel between the woman, who is now deceased, and Mr Zulu, who had threatened to set fire to the house during an emotional outburst the previous day.
In an article published in the Vryheid Herald last week, Sgnt Nkosi said, “The people who were in the house said they heard an explosion at about 9:30pm on Sunday night. When I went to the scene the next morning, the house was still smouldering. There is a big hole at the back of the house, where it appears that something may have exploded, and there is a strong smell of petrol in the air. The occupants of the house and their neighbours tried to put the fire out with water, but this just made the fire worse.”
ALSO READ: Mondlo family struggles to rebuild after vicious arson attack leaves them homeless
The Vryheid Herald extends condolences to the family of the deceased.



