EntertainmentLifestyle

Executive House is a home away from home

Looking forward to the future, Pieters said there were 12 rooms, each with its own unique theme which ranged from aviation to cinema.

NEWCASTLE CBD – The Executive House officially opened its doors last Wednesday evening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony.

Situated in 16 Greaves Street, in the central business district, the bed and breakfast is owned by businessmen, Johan Pieters, Nazir Akram, Haroun Peer and Christo van der Vyver.

Johan Pieters kicked of the night’s formalities with a brief history of how the bed and breakfast came to be.

“Christo and myself first met Haroun and Nazir six years ago, when we took them on as clients to market their business.”

Through this business, a friendship was formed and the four decided to merge their business knowledge to start a bed and breakfast.

“We started with a budget and planning, then in October 2016, we started with it.”

Looking forward to the future, Pieters said there were 12 rooms, each with its own unique theme which ranged from aviation to cinema.

Going the extra mile, the four partners even went so far as to cater for people who have come out of surgery or are handicapped.

“The one room is fully equipped for paraplegic people, or for those who have just come out of hospital,” Pieters added.

Ferdie Alberts, Director of Economic Development for the Newcastle Municipality, said there were currently 2 500 rooms available for tourists in Newcastle, which meant the newly opened Executive House would prove beneficial to the tourism industry.

Guests had the opportunity to tour the bed and breakfast and enjoy an evening of socialising.

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Northern Natal News in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button