Alleged hijackers arrested in Olivenhoutbosch
Three men, aged between 25 and 39, were expected to appear in the Pretoria magistrate’s court on Monday.
Three alleged hijackers were arrested in the Olivenhoutbosch area on Friday.
“Police highway patrol, assisted by the local crime prevention team, received information about a hijacked white Hino truck and immediately followed up a tracking signal,” police spokesperson Constable Tumisang Moloto said.
“The information led the police to the Olievenhoutbosch area where the truck was spotted driving down London Road near Mnandi with three occupants. It was immediately intercepted.”
Moloto said preliminary investigations revealed the vehicle was reported hijacked earlier this month in Johannesburg.
ALSO READ: Cops warn against ‘bank followers’
The suspects, aged between 25 and 39, were arrested.
They are expected to appear in the Pretoria magistrate’s court on Monday on a charge of possession of a hijacked vehicle.
Earlier in the week, a would-be hijacker was stopped and arrested by security when he tried to hijack a school bus at Panorama and Marquard streets in the Wierdabrug area.
Police spokesperson Sergeant Divine Nkuna said the school bus driver was hit on the head with a hammer.
Do you have more information about the story?
Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.
For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East
For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram
