A man falsely reported his vehicle was hijacked at about 20.50pm on Tuesday, 7 October.
The man alleged he had been driving on the N2 southbound near the Hull Road bridge when someone threw bricks at the vehicle.
He alleged that he was hijacked by three men with firearms. He reported the matter to Montclair SAP and his vehicle tracking company.
Police found the man’s vehicle at a house in Folweni just before midnight on Tuesday and police established the house was being used as a mechanical workshop. The mechanic working on the vehicle said the car was brought in four days earlier for repairs. Folweni police members confirmed they saw the same vehicle at the house on Sunday, 5 October.
Police seized the vehicle and the driver of the vehicle was charged with defeating the ends of justice. “People must not report false cases. They are wasting our time and using manpower and raising our statistics for false cases reported. People are warned not to open false cases,” said communications officer Lt Jojozi.



