No justice for Minke
A year has gone by and yet no arrests have been made in the case of murdered teenager Minke Aucamp.
The 18-year-old girl, who was about to start her matric finals, was shot at point blank range in her driveway in Eastvale on October 25 last year during a hijacking. Despite paramedics working tirelessly to save her, she died before she reached the hospital.
The hijacker escaped in her silver Hyundai and is still at large.
According to Springs police spokesman Captain Johannes Ramphora, the case is still pending and no arrests have been made.
Minke was a matric pupil at Dr Johan Jurgens High School at the time of her death. Although counselling was provided by the Department of Education to friends close to Aucamp, everyone still remembers the horror of the incident.
“We regret the whole thing and cannot believe that a year has gone and no one has been arrested,” says Johan Snyman, vice-principal of the school.
Although it has been reported that the police were fairly confident as to the identity of the suspect, nothing has come forth of these allegations.
“Investigations continue, but due to the sensitivity of the case no further information is available,” says Capt Ramphora.
Within a week of the murder the Selpark Community Policing Forum (CFP) collected money from the community and offered a R50 000 reward to anyone offering information leading to the arrest of Minke’s murderer.
According to Louis Hennings, spokesman for the CPF, they did receive leads in the weeks following her death which they communicated to the SAPS.
Louis says that the money has been put into a trust and the reward is still available on condition the perpetrator is apprehended and prosecuted.



