The cast of actors’ legal representative, Desmond Brown said they would be consulting with senior council before deciding on a direction and the stance they would take on legal recourse.
“The actors want to take action… first prize would be intervention by arbitration or mediation… Sanity must prevail,” said Brown.
Brown added that the actors wanted to have the issue resolved and don’t want to be shut out, but maintained that that they would stand firm on the reasons that ignited the strike.
The cast of actors went on strike after their demands for longer contracts, among other things had not been met.
Last year, the cast seemed to reach an agreement with the SABC and the show’s producers, but last week the cast claimed that the broadcaster as well as the production company failed to deliver on the promises it made to them.
The most pressing demand from the actors was the three year contracts.
On Monday afternoon, MMSV Productions released a statement to say that the contracts of the actors taking place in the latest strike had been terminated.
“MMSV Productions, following consultation with the SABC, have today [Monday] terminated the contracts of the striking actors on the SABC1 soap drama, Generations.
The termination follows calls by both parties for the actors to return for recordings, following the start of their illegal strike,” the statement read.
[gravityform id=”196″ name=”generations poll – who to miss” title=”false” description=”false”]