Putting their best foot forward, movie stars, young and old, gathered at the 24th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, honouring the best achievements in film and television performances for the year.
The awards took place on Sunday at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California. Hosted by New York-born award-winning actress Kristen Bell, the awards featured a wide range of famous female actresses and celebrities including Kelly Marie Tran, Dakota Fanning, Olivia Mun, Niecy Nash, Maya Rudolph, Gabrielle Carteris and Gina Rodriguez in what was a glittering lineup of talent.
On the red carpet, a lot of vintage 1920s Gatsby-inspired looks were the order of the day. Best Supporting Actress nominee Allison Janney braved it out with a neckline silver-grey metallic scale dress. She went on to win her category.
What made the look so admiring is how the 58-year-old actress paired her dress with soft, minimalistic makeup and a tight, brushed ponytail. Netflix TV series Orange is the New Black actress Madeline Brewer stole the show with her bold red lipped and blush pink madeup face, which complemented her strawberry red pushed back hair. Choosing to accessorise with a diamond ear-cuff and pearled hair pin that complemented her nude coloured pearl ball gown by designer Reem Acra, Brewer looked rather ravishing.
- Actor: Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour
- Actress: Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Supporting actor: Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Supporting actress: Allison Janney, I, Tonya
- Cast: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Actor in a drama series: Sterling K Brown, This is Us
- Actress in a drama series: Claire Foy, The Crown
- Actor in a comedy series: William H Macy, Shameless
- Actress in a comedy series: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
- Actor in a movie or miniseries: Alexander Skarsgard, Big Little Lies
- Actress in a movie or miniseries: Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
- Drama series cast: This Is Us
- Comedy series cast: Veep
- Stunt ensemble: Game of Thrones
E! Entertainment red-carpet presenter Giuliana Rancic demanded attention in a Steven Khali, hand-beaded black and gold, cut shouldered 2017 couture gown.
Paired with her edgy bobbed cut hair and golden minimal face, Rancic could not have looked any better than she did. Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture nominee and Get Out lead actress Allison William is another one who stood out as she captivated the audience in her Ralph and Russo diamante crystal chandelier tasselled dress.
Together with a dark ruby bold lips and shaded eyes on a nude made-up face, highlighted by her brunette side-swept, pinned and tucked hairstyle, the actress was the belle of the ball despite not taking home the nominated award.