So you know you’re supposed to eat five servings of fruit and vegetables a day, but you’re struggling to get that done.
Here are some ways to help you out:
1. Start with the first meal of the day
Have a fruit salad or fruit smoothie, or add some fruit to your yoghurt.
2. Get extra energy from fruit or vegetable snacks
Combine them with a serving of protein, such as a piece of cheese, a cup of yoghurt, or a tablespoon of peanut butter, say experts.
3. Double up on fruit and veggie servings
Unlike other foods, explain nutritionists, it’s okay to double the serving size of fruit or vegetables.
4. Use fruits and vegetables as ingredients
Some ideas are zucchini bread, or added into sauces.
5. Try a new fruit, vegetable or recipe every week
Just like everything else in life, our bodies need variety.
Brought to you by People Magazine