2 wholewheat pita breads, split and torn into 2.5cm pieces
¼ cup lemon juice
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp ground pepper
3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cucumbers, sliced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Arrange pita pieces in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
2. Bake, stirring once, until crispy, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Let cool to room temperature, about 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a very large bowl.
5. Add cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions and parsley and toss.
6. Add the pita chips and toss until combined.
Recipe supplied by Maysaa Kanjo for Eating Well