The warm weather calls for cool treats and we have just the thing for you to indulge in – refreshing dairy-free mango ice cream.
Dairy-free? Yes, these vegan ‘nice’ creams are quick and easy to make and you need minimal ingredients. You usually don’t even need an ice-cream maker either.
This simple to prepare, no-churn, dairy-free mango ice cream recipe from SAMangoes is an absolute must try, especially now that it’s mango season in South Africa.
Even sceptics would be surprised at how delicious this vegan nice cream is. You can also use this recipe with other fruits such as strawberries, blueberries and pineapples.
ALSO READ: Recipe: Vegan brownies
So, forget the sugar, milk, cream and powders and try this yummy ice cream alternative, which is also good for your waistline.
Dairy-free No Churn Mango ‘Nice Cream’
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 12 hours
- 3 large mangoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 large bananas, very ripe, peeled and frozen in advance
- Make the nice cream one day before you plan to serve it.
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Spoon into a zip lock bag and lay flat and squeeze as much air out as possible. Freeze overnight.
- The next day, remove from the freezer bag, and whizz in the food processor until all the chunks are broken up (it will look like soft serve).
- Place in a freezer container and freeze again until serving.