We are kickstarting our 31 days of Christmas recipe series with this rich and delicious ginger cream biscuit log, which is a perfect treat to serve this festive season.
Enjoy this yummy treat with a cup of tea or coffee, or pair it with a scoop of your favourite ice cream.
Ginger cream biscuit log
- 600ml of carton thickened cream
- 60g of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped glacé ginger
- 250g of packet ginger nut biscuits
- 60ml of fresh orange juice
- 60ml of ginger wine
- 2 tablespoons of caramel topping
- Use electric beaters to beat the cream, sugar and vanilla until firm peaks form. Use a large metal spoon to fold in half the chopped ginger.
- Spread a little of the ginger cream down the centre of a serving plate to help the biscuits stand up. Crush one of the biscuits and set aside.
- Combine the orange juice and ginger wine in a shallow bowl. Dip 1 of the remaining biscuits in the ginger wine mixture. Stand upright on the plate and spread 1 side with cream. Dip another biscuit in the ginger wine mixture and place alongside the first biscuit and sandwich together. Spread with cream. Continue layering with the cream mixture, wine mixture and remaining biscuits to form a log. Spread remaining cream over the log. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 6 hours to chill.
- Drizzle the log with the caramel topping and sprinkle with the remaining chopped ginger and the reserved crushed biscuit.
- For a much richer and sweeter experience, serve your ginger cream biscuit log with your favourite flavour of ice cream.
This recipe was found on taste.com.au