Makes approximately 8-10
- 10 rashers of bacon (optional)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- Your preferred filling – spinach, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, cooked sweet potato, herbs, grated cheese, ricotta
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Suitable for freezing
Grease a muffin tin well with butter. Preheat oven to 175° C. In a measuring cup beat the eggs and milk. If using bacon, wrap it inside the muffin tray to provide a casing. Divide the egg mixture equally between the holes. Add your preferred filling. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until crisp and golden. Leave to cool slightly before removing from tray.
- Make a double batch to make enough to pack in lunchboxes
- Get the kids involved, a fun recipe for them to make
- Omit the bacon and make plain egg muffins with cheese and vegetables of your choice.
- Swap the bacon for prosciutto or ham slices.