A 19-year-old man was fatally stabbed at the BP Durban Day event at People’s Park in Durban on Sunday.
The man was found lying in a pool of blood after the event finished at around 7pm.
Police said no one has been arrested so far.
East Coast Radio (ECR), the organisers of the event, released a statement on air on Monday morning.
ECR General Manager, Boni Mchunu, offered their condolences to the family.
“There is no easy way to accept the loss of a human life and I think that we are both heartbroken and shocked at this incident,” said Mchunu.
“Police are investigating the unfortunate incident. We are in close contact with them we will give you more details as soon as we know.”
Mchunu reiterated that the venue was not overcrowded, with ticket sales being capped at 16 500 and the capacity of the venue was 18 000.
Stay in the loop with The North Coast Courier on Facebook, X, Instagram & YouTube for the latest news.
Mobile users can join our WhatsApp Broadcast Service here, or if you’re on desktop, scan the QR code below.

