MunicipalNews

PREVIEW: Fred van Dyk vows to continue fighting against high rates

Far from letting the matter rest, Fred van Dyk says he will continue fighting for residents' money in the new year.

Fred van Dyk will resume the batttle against high rates bills in 2018.

He revealed his plans in an exclusive interview this week.

In this, van Dyk said repeated attempts to meet with Mayor, Makhosini Nkosi again had yielded no results.

However, he vowed to not let the matter rest.

“I will give him time to sort the matter out, and I hope to meet with him early in the new year.”

Van Dyk made headlines this year with his empassioned fight against increases in July and August.

This culminated in a protest march on Scott Street on August 25.

Since then, van Dyk has worked determinedly to find answers to his many questions.

For the full interview with Fred van Dyk, read this week’s Newcastle Advertiser.

The next edition is on shelves from Thursday morning onward.

For the full story, make sure to get the next edition of the Newcastle Advertiser.

 

Remember to visit our FacebookTwitter and Instagram pages.

Add us on WhatsApp today! 082 874 5550

and BBM pin D1EF333B.

You can also email our offices on Reveshni Douglas at reveshni@caxton.co.za Quinton Boucher at newsun@caxton.co.za Bruce Douglas at Newed2@caxton.co.za Tersia Gopi at newed@caxton.co.za Zianne Leibrandt at ncschools@caxton.co.za

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Northern Natal News in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button