MunicipalNews

PREVIEW: Water cuts leave residents high and dry

After a series of water cuts in the early months of the year, Gandhi Park residents' tempers finally boiled over.

Water cuts have dampened the spirit of residents.

Homeowners in Gandhi Park complained of a series of supply issues, without any notice from the municipality.

“The severity of the problem is such of inconvenience, where the water is suddenly shut off without any warning,” said an anonymous resident.

He explained the situation had worsened since the storm water drainage project which ruined Ferret Street last year.

However, he said the contractor was not to blame.

ALSO READ: WATCH: Burst pipe in Hutten Heights leads to water worries for the neighbourhood

Since the dawn of the new year, the resident said water cuts were experienced in the area at least bi-weekly.

“On January 27, there was no water the entire day. I planned a prayer function for this day and was very much inconvenienced.”

Municipal Manager, Errol Mswane responded by stating the municipality was struggling with ageing infrastructure.

For the full story on water cuts, read this week’s Newcastle Advertiser.

The latest edition is on shelves from Thursday morning.

water cuts
For the full story, make sure to get the next edition of the Newcastle Advertiser.

 

Remember to visit our FacebookTwitter and Instagram pages.

Add us on WhatsApp today! 082 874 5550

and BBM pin D1EF333B.

You can also email our offices: Reveshni Douglas at reveshni@caxton.co.za or newsun@caxton.co.za Bruce Douglas at Newed2@caxton.co.za Tersia Gopi at newed@caxton.co.za Zianne Leibrandt at ncschools@caxton.co.za

 

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Northern Natal News in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button