Sports games can bring families and friends closer. Yes, we may argue about who we want to win, but there’s nothing like staying in with some friends to watch “the game.”
If your home is filled with the spirit of a sport’s match and you’re already wearing your favourite team’s jersey to show your support, then the next step is to make sure you spread that “sports-game-spirit” even further…
Here’s how to host a ‘game viewing’ at home:
- Pick a game. Whether it’s a soccer, tennis, rugby match or any other sport you fancy. Choose a game your guests will be interested in watching.
- Invite your guests. Once you’ve selected your fixture, you can get the invites going. Pull together a list of the guests you want to have over and create a WhatsApp group. The more guests, the merrier – but remember to inform your neighbours beforehand… match days can get emotional!
- Bring out the ‘big screen’. It’s a no-brainer that this is actually the most important part of your ’game day’ viewing – your TV. Make sure that your TV is set up and ready in the room where you and your buddies will be gathered for the match. Depending on the number of guests you’ve invited, you may want to consider getting a projector and screen set up for the ultimate viewing experience.
- Don’t forget the food! What’s a get together without food?! You can make this exciting by theming your snacks based on the teams you’ll be watching. If you’re watching an international match, choose a food theme based on the countries that are playing. If your guests are up to it, they can bring along some snacks of their own to add to the festivities, this way it won’t all fall on you.
- Get dressed up. Get yourself and your guests in the spirit by wearing their team jerseys when they come over and add to the “sports vibe.” You can even add wigs, face paint and other cool things to the mix to add to the party atmosphere.
- Have fun! Having fun is non-negotiable. Make things memorable for you guests (and yourself) the best way you know how and enjoy the game.
Having a group of people can sometimes be overwhelming with the fear of something breaking or going missing. If you have valuables you don’t want to leave exposed to the festivities, be sure to pack them away safely. For the accidents we can’t avoid, there’s home and contents insurance. Get an obligation free online insurance quote and ensure that your valuables are covered while you enjoy hosting the ultimate get together.