Entertainment / Celebs And Viral

Lerato Maimela
Digital Journalist
4 minute read
24 Nov 2021
11:06 am

Royal news: Charlene linked to Russian billionaire, royal family slams BBC doccie

Lerato Maimela

Princess Charlene is reportedly suffering from emotional and physical exhaustion, and is resting at a treatment facility outside of Monaco.

Princess Charlene, Prince Albert and their children. Picture: Instagram

In this week’s royal news update, the royal family has released a joint statement in response to a BBC documentary about Prince William and Prince Harry.

Princess Charlene of Monaco has been linked to Naomi Campbell’s millionaire ex-boyfriend, Vladimir Doronin, Meghan Markle reveals where she and her family will be spending Thanksgiving on Thursday, and the queen knights her physician of 15 years.

Royal family release a statement in response to BBC Documentary about William and Harry

The first part of a BBC documentary about Prince William and Prince Harry’s relationship with the press aired on Tuesday evening, and the programme ended with a statement from Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Kensington Palace saying they were “disappointed” with the false claims made on the documentary.

“A free, responsible and open press is of vital importance to a healthy democracy. However, too often it is overblown and unfounded claims from unnamed sources that are presented as facts and it is disappointing when anyone, including the BBC, gives them credibility,” said the royals in the statement.

A lawyer representing Meghan also appeared on the documentary to make it clear that the narrative that she was a “too difficult and demanding boss” was not true at all.

ALSO READ: Royal news: Meghan still uses royal title, queen and Camilla’s ongoing issues

How Meghan and Harry will be spending Thanksgiving

The Duchess of Sussex made an appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show last week where she revealed her Thanksgiving plans to Ellen.

The former Suits actress said she, her husband and their two children would be spending their second Thanksgiving in the US, in their Montecito home in California.

“We’ll be home and just sort of relax and settle in. It’s our second Thanksgiving at home in California. It’ll be nice, it’ll be really nice,” said the Meghan.

Princess Charlene reportedly linked to Russian billionaire

Prince Albert made an appearance at Monaco’s National Day all on his own, after he and his wife Princess Charlene came to the decision to have Charlene stay home so she could recover from an ear, nose and throat infection.

The palace later released a statement which said the princess was no longer recovering at her home, but at a secret location.

“In order to protect the comfort and privacy essential to her recovery, the princess’ location will remain strictly confidential,” said the statement.

Later that week, Albert announced that Charlene was suffering from both emotional and physical exhaustion, and that she had been sent to a treatment facility outside of Monaco.

Shortly after Albert’s announcement, The Sun reported that Her Serene Highness had been linked to Naomi Campbell’s ex, Vladimir Doronin.

“The ailing mum whose marriage to ruler Prince Albert, 63, has been famously turbulent, has been drawing support from Vladimir Doronin”, said a source.

The source revealed to the publication that the two had been spending some time together, especially during the times when she and Albert were experiencing some troubles in their marriage.

“The whole saga is very complex and confusing, but Charlene and Vlad have been in contact and spent time together. It looks as though she has certainly found some help from him recently amid her marriage problems,” said the source.

Queen knights her main doctor of 15 years

Professor Sir Huw Thomas is a professor of gastrointestinal genetics at the Imperial College London’s department of surgery and cancer, but has also been head of medical household and physician to the queen.

The queen recently held a private investiture ceremony for Sir Thomas, who had already been appointed Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order in the 2021 New York Honours, but had not been properly invested.

The Royal Victorian Order is in Her Majesty’s personal gift, and is awarded for service to the royal family.

Speaking to Imperial College some time in February, Sir Thomas said: “I am very grateful to have been recognised for my service to date.

“I’ve been working in the royal medical household for 15 years and I’ve been head of the medical household for the past seven years. It is a great honour to be physician to the Queen.” said the professor.