Statement reportedly issued by Tsotetsi family denies existence of #Thembisa10
"The family concluded there are no decuplets."

In a statement circulating on social media, the birth of the decuplets to a woman from Thembisa, is denied by the family of Tebogo Tsotetsi, the man previously identified as the father of the 10 babies.
“The family concluded there are no decuplets,” the document stated.

The Thembisan is yet to receive confirmation from Russell Baloyi that the statement was issued by the family. Baloyi is identified as the contact person in the statement circulating on social media.
Also read: Guinness World Records congratulate decuplets’ parents from Thembisa
The Thembisan previously reported that government issued a statement that it was unable to confirm the birth of the 10 babies.
Guinness World Records Limited told Thembisan that it was aware of the reports about a new world record. “GWR is aware of the news that Gosiame Thamara Sithole has given birth to decuplets,” said GWR Limited senior publicist Jessica Dawes based in London.
“Our records team, alongside a specialist consultant, are looking into this and will provide any information as soon as possible,” said Dawes.
The owner of a Facebook profile matching the name (Thobile Mathonsi) and job profile of the photographer who reportedly photographed Sithole while pregnant replied to Thembisan that she had taken the photos. This could not be confirmed with African News Agency despite requests for confirmation sent via ANA’S website.
Piet Rampedi who first reported on the decuplets took to social media today, stating he will not grant media interviews.
8 days after the news made global headlines, the family has released a statement on the situation.
Not sure how this all happened. Good grief, this is so hectic.
#Tembisa10 pic.twitter.com/kQIBjAa0m7
— Brent Lindeque (@BrentLindeque) June 15, 2021
Like the #Tembisa10 story, I'll believe that when I see those bundles of joy…
That's me
— Mvuselelo Dule (@dules_k) June 15, 2021
Cnt wait for the Nando’s ad on #tembisa10
— That_Girl (@Lulubelle_mini) June 15, 2021
I will continue not to grant media interviews. I am appealing to the public to afford us space and time to focus on this important, sensitive and critical investigation. Out of respect for the Tsotetsi family's privacy and culture, i would not pressure them to share any pictures. pic.twitter.com/N0VzTNAlmg
— Mr Putin (@mahasharampedi) June 15, 2021
But the same Tsotetsi family released a statement last week confirming the existence of the decuplets, & saying they were okay. Today, they say no babies existed. Which is which? The two statements can't all be true. What happened to Gosiame's pregnancy? Are they disputing it? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/lesnP1NwP2
— Mr Putin (@mahasharampedi) June 15, 2021
Read original story on kemptonexpress.co.za