- Mix activewear with fashion items. Wear your practical sports gear underneath a fashion item like a denim or leather jacket. For example, you can pair your active leggings with your favourite T-shirt, jersey and converse sneakers.
- Accessorise to add to your athleisure look. If you are heading out add simple earrings and a necklace or a cool cap to complete the outfit.
- Any sneakers go! Wear your favourite lifestyle sneaker or your running trainers.
- Do not throw on your partners’ old sleeping t-shirt, make sure your pieces fit well and are clean. No muddy shoes!
- Tie a top around your waist or wear a jogger that is slightly loose around the hip and bottom area if you are conscious of wearing tights.
- You are never too old to wear athleisure; women of all ages can wear comfortable clothes even when they’re not working out. Stick to dark plain coloured leggings, wear a longer top with a denim jacket or a long cardigan and sneakers.
- For men, a simple jogger, hoodie and sneakers is a good athleisure look. A sports jacket worn open over a good fitting T-shirt looks great too. Keep the joggers plain and not too loose or tight. If you choose to wear shorts, make sure they fit nicely (rugby shorts are too short). Throw on any sneakers to complete the look, but no long socks. And keep them clean!
* Source: Supplied by Your Style, @yourstylebykg