The case against a Mamelodi man who battered and bruised a nine-year-old boy was postponed on Wednesday for further investigations.
The boy was assaulted by his neighbour last month for accidentally hitting his car with a stone.
The boy’s aunt said the court sat for a brief moment before the magistrate postponed the case, Rekord East reported.
“The prosecutor asked for more time for further investigation, and the magistrate gave them until 6 June.”
The aunt said the family is hoping and praying that justice would be served.
She said although the boy had recovered, he deeply resented his neighbour.
“He is bitter towards the suspect, and because he has to see him almost everyday, it doesn’t make it any easier.
The man was released on a R1 000 bail after spending two nights in custody.
Police spokesperson Captain Michael Mbewe said the suspects is facing charges of assault with the intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
The boy accidentally hit the suspect’s VW Jetta with a stone while playing in the street with other children on April 2.
The aunt said the neighbour had not yet apologised for what he did to the boy.
– Caxton News Service