Citizen Reporter
Reporter
1 minute read
13 May 2017
3:00 pm

Cope plans to block Brian Molefe from entering Eskom gates

Citizen Reporter

The party says Molefe must stay away from Megawatt Park on Monday to avoid embarrassment.

Brian Molefe. Picture: Nigel Sibanda

As the public uproar mounts over the shock reinstatement of Brian Molefe to the helm of Eskom, on Saturday Cope said it would block Molefe’s entrance to Megawatt Park in Sunninghill, Gauteng, on Monday.

The party’s spokesperson Dennis Bloem said they were talking to other political parties and civic organsiations to ask them to join in the action after Public Enterprises Minister Lynne Brown on Friday said she endorsed Eskom’s board’s decision to reinstatement Molefe as CEO, despite sharp condemnation from the ANC, Cosatu, Business Leadership SA, Corruption Watch and several other grouping and political parties.

“’Cope is determined to show Jacob Zuma, the Guptas and Brian Molefe and any other Mickey Mouse that we will not allow anybody to turn our country [into] a banana republic,” Bloem said.

‘”Free advice to Brian Molefe, he must stay away from Megawatt Park to avoid embarrassment.”

Molefe resigned from parliament on Friday as MP after three months serving on the ANC benches. He left the power utility last year under a cloud of corruption allegations after being implicated in the public protector’s State Capture report, which is being reviewed by President Jacob Zuma in court.

ALSO READ:

Molefe set to make first public appearance as reinstated Eskom CEO

For more news your way, follow The Citizen on Facebook and Twitter.