South Africans woke up to the gruesome news of a bloody shooting on Christmas morning.
Seven people’s lives ended tragically after they were shot dead at Jimmy Jones Village in the Vhembe district of Limpopo by another family member.
Four children and three adults, including a heavily pregnant woman were amongst the deceased.
According to a report, Limpopo police have since released the identities of the seven family members:
- Mpho Donald Ndou, 33
- Ndivhuwo Douglas Ndou, 33
- Portia Mabasa, 37 who was identified as Ndivhuwo’s wife
- Rendani Winnus Ndou, a 12-year-old boy
- Wanga Ndou, the 1-year-old daughter of Ndivhuwo
- Ronewa Ndou, a 4-year-old boy
- Dakalo Makondo Ndou, an 8-year-old girl who died on her way to the hospital
The 52-year-old shooter handed himself over to the police in Thohoyandou on Saturday.
Police spokesperson Brigadier Motlafela Mojapelo have also since confirmed that an ongoing family feud led to the tragic incident.
Seven counts of murder have been opened against the suspect who will appear in court on Tuesday.
The Social Development Department in Limpopo on Sunday morning said that the suspect should not be granted bail.