CrimeNews

Six break-ins at a business during two weeks in Ladysmith

He estimates that the damages run into the thousands, with the cost of the two doors that were stolen and him having to change the locks at the shop four times during the past two weeks

A shop in Hillside has fallen victim to six break-ins in a matter of two weeks.

Speaking to the manager, he says the shop was broken into at least six times during a two-week time period, with numerous items being stolen.

During the six different break-ins, four compressors, two condensing units, a pallet jack, a safe, copper wire and even two doors were stolen, to mention but a few of the items that were stolen.

On Thursday last week, the manager received a call from a motorist who saw a trolley being pushed down Agra Road by two men, which had compressors in it.

He went out to investigate, which led him to a nearby scrap yard to find out if anyone had gone there to sell compressors. He was told that people had just come in with these items.

The manager then noticed two men outside the scrap yard and took a picture of them before calling the police.

Also read: Business robbery foiled by quick-thinking Ladysmith police

Also read: Breaking News: Police hunt for suspects after armed robbery at wholesaler in Ladysmith this morning

Police officers responded to the scene and were shown the photo of the suspected criminals; they went in search of the men. Police found the two men in the taxi rank and took them to the scrap yard, where they admitted to stealing the items.

Ironically, the manager noticed that one of the men was wearing his jacket, which had been stolen from the shop.

Commenting, he said, “I was in shock just thinking how many times the shop had been broken into. Now that people have been arrested and some of my stolen items recovered, I can have a peaceful night’s sleep. Before, I was not even sleeping.”

He added that even copper pipes were stolen from inside the building, resulting in him having no water at all at the premises. He estimates that the damages run into the thousands, with the cost of the two doors that were stolen and him having to change the locks at the shop four times during the past two weeks.

“I’m just relieved to know that the nightmare has finally come to an end,” he hopes.

Click to receive news links via WhatsApp. Or  for the latest news, visit our webpage or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Join us there!

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Northern Natal News in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button