There are no prizes for guessing her favourite season and she spoke to us about her beauty tips for the upcoming warmer months.
Summers’ summer beauty tips
1. Change it up
As the season changes, change up your beauty routine too. I don’t like to spend hours on the same regimen because I find this gets a bit boring. I also regularly change my makeup look. Thanks to help from my favourite makeup artist, Gina Myers, my look has become a lot more about contouring than heavy eye makeup. I think that well-contoured makeup with a pop of colour on the lips is a much fresher look for summer.
2. Invest in some good quality products
I love Elizabeth Arden’s Prevage, especially their anti-ageing triple defence shield sunscreen SPF50. This is very important to protect against the summer sunshine. I also love a brand called SKII from Japan and the Clarins toning lotion with camomile to soothe my skin after it’s been exposed to the damaging effects of the sun. Dermalogica’s skincare range is also a summer staple.
3. Don’t just focus on the face
Treat your décolletage and hands with the same care as you do your face. After all, your chest and hands are what give away your age. I have just recently bought driving gloves to stop the rays ageing my hands while driving and I use a nourishing hand cream every day.
4. Be comfortable; be confident
Summer is about having fun, getting active, and spending time outdoors. Real summertime beauty, for me, is knowing who you are and being comfortable in your own skin. Let your skin breathe more, especially if you live in a humid area. The only thing you should be piling onto your skin should be sunscreen.
Summers’ favourites this season …
- Mascara – Revitalash mascara
- Lipstick – Elizabeth Arden Ultra Violet and Electric Pink
- Eye shadow – Copper and Spice, also by Elizabeth Arden
- Fragrance – Stella McCartney, Rose
- Nail polish – Essie’s Wicked
- Cream – Clarins hand and nail treatment cream
- Hair care – Joico shampoo and conditioner
- Makeup artist – Gina Myers
Leigh is a beauty and lifestyle blogger. Follow her on twitter @Le1ghLo or on her blog www.Le1ghLo.com.