1 x 176g box Oreo Original Cookies
170g cream cheese
2 x 80g slabs dark chocolate, finely chopped
1. Place the Oreo cookies in a blender (add them intact; there is no need to scrape off the cream from the centre of the cookie “sandwich”) and blitz to a fine powder.
2. Add the cream cheese and salt, and blitz again until well combined. Remove from blender, add the mixture to a freezer-proof bowl and pop it into the freezer, about 20 minutes, to firm up.
3. While the mixture freezes, line the base of a tray or small baking tin with baking paper (you’ll arrange the rolled truffles on this to go into the fridge). Once the Oreo mixture has firmed up enough to handle, pinch off small pieces of the mixture and roll into balls of about 1,5cm in diameter between the palms of your hands.
4. Arrange the balls on the lined tray or baking tin. Once rolled, return the balls to the freezer to firm up, about 20 minutes.
5. While the truffles firm up, melt the dark chocolate by placing it in a glass bowl and setting the bowl over a pot of barely simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water below it). Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted.
6. Gently balance each truffle on a fork and dip into the dark chocolate to coat the outside of the truffle, tapping the fork on the edge of the bowl, so that any extra chocolate drips back into the bowl. Return each truffle to the lined baking tin or tray and repeat until all of the truffles have been covered in chocolate (if the chocolate in the bowl starts to harden, place it over the pot of simmering water to melt again).
7. Refrigerate the truffles, about 10 minutes, to harden the chocolate. Store the Oreo truffles in the fridge, covered with cling film. They will last for up to 3 days.
Brought to you by Food and Home