4 medium ripe avocados, divided
1-2 tbsp lime juice, divided
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground pepper
¾ cup no-salt-added canned black beans, rinsed
¾ cup frozen whole kernel fire-roasted corn, thawed
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1. Mash 2 avocados in a medium bowl with a fork.
2. Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice, salt, cumin and pepper until combined.
3. Cut the 2 remaining avocados into small chunks.
4. Add to the mashed avocado mixture along with beans, corn, jalapeño and cilantro. Stir until combined.
5. Add more lime juice to taste, if desired.
Recipe supplied by Jamie Vespa for Eating Well