This delicious and healthy stuffed baby marrow recipe is the perfect dish to create if you are craving a carb-conscious wholesome meal to enjoy on your stress-free Saturday afternoon.
This flavourful dish can be prepared as a side dish for your main meal, or it can be paired with your favourite poultry dish.
Stuffed baby marrow
- 4 baby marrows
- 30ml margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped (seeded)
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped (seeded)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1450g of tin tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 15ml pf caster sugar
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped
- 50g mozzarella small, drained and diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the baby marrow in half lengthways. Scoop out the middle of the baby marrow, roughly chop the scooped out flesh and keep aside for later. Lay baby marrow halves on a baking tray.
- Heat the margarine in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, peppers and reserved baby marrow flesh, cook for 5 minutes until vegetables have softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 3 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, chopped tomatoes and sugar. Simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until thickened. Leave to cool.
- Add chopped basil and Mozzarella to the tomato sauce and spoon into hollowed out baby marrow halves.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until baby marrow has softened and cheese is bubbling.
This recipe was found on whatsfordinner.co.za