Life behind bars for convicted murderer
Matolo Anthony Mankge (35) received life imprisonment plus 10 years from the Polokwane High Court for a 2024 murder.
Matolo Anthony Mankge (35) has been handed down life imprisonment and an additional 10 years for the 2024 murder of Tebogo Tau (25) and attempted murder of Bruce Mphonyana Makhubedu (37).
The Polokwane High Court delivered the judgment on February 17 after Mankge was found guilty on January 21.
Limpopo Provincial Police spokesperson Colonel Malesela Ledwaba said that Tebogo and Bruce were at a liquor outlet when Mankge, who had previously been in a relationship with Tebogo, confronted them and initiated a fight.
Mankge left the scene and returned shortly armed with a knife. He then stabbed both of them.
Tebogo passed away at a local clinic, while Bruce was stabbed in the head and luckily survived.
“The suspect was arrested about four hours after the incident. He had also stabbed himself in an attempt to commit suicide,” Ledwaba said.
SAPS Sekhukhune District’s Sergeant Letladi Sarel Kekana investigated the matter. The court ordered that the sentences run concurrently.

Mankge was further declared unfit to possess a firearm.
Provincial Commissioner Lieutenant General Thembi Hadebe welcomed the judgment and commended Kekana for the sterling investigative work, ensuring that justice for the victims and families was served.
