Land Rover splashes South African-inspired colours on Sport SVR and Velar SVA
Special colours will be rolled out on 24 Sport SVRs and three Velar SVAs.
Range Rover Sport SVR in 1000 Hills Green
Having announced pricing for the Range Rover Sport SVR Carbon last week, Land Rover has revealed a range of 24 bespoke versions of the standard SVR, as well as three of the Velar SV Autobiography (SVA) that places on emphasis squarely on colour.
Mechanically unchanged, meaning outputs of 423kW/700Nm and 405kW/680Nm from the 5.0-litre supercharged V8, the palette, which can be extended to certain parts of the interior, is said to be inspired from not only South Africa’s heritage, but also nature.
The work of Solihull’s Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) divisions, the commissioned three Velar SVAs are decked-out in three different hues
- Sudwala Eve; a dark finish said to have been inspired by the ‘darkest chamber’ of the famed Sudwala Caves.
- Sibudu Stone; a pearlescent grey-blue Land Rover claims takes inspiration from cliffs of the Sibudu Caves in KwaZulu-Natal
- Bantry Blue; an ‘intense’ dark blue inspired by the Atlantic off Bantry Bay in the Western Cape
As for the Sport, the special 24 versions feature five hues with 20 being finished in Stimela sa Sebusuku, a satin black whose name means ‘midnight train’ in isiZulu, a reference to the role trains played in building the country.
The remaining four consists of:
- 1000 Hills Green; an ‘electric green’ meant to recreate the lush green hills of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Egoli Yellow; a ‘vibrant’ yellow that pays homage to Johannesburg as the “City of Gold”
- Namaqua Orange that takes inspiration from the Namaqualand flowers
- Izi Khaleni Plum; a deep purple meaning ‘place of thunder’ in isiXhosa that derives inspiration from the sun setting over the Coffee Bay rock formations.
In addition to the colours, all of the 27 models come as standard with illuminated ‘Built by Special Vehicle Operations’ treadplates, an SVO Bespoke inscription on the B-pillar and an SVO certificate of authenticity. Unsurprisingly, no pricing details were announced.