A bus driver lost her right leg after crashing the bus into a tree in Soutpansberg Road, Pretoria, on Saturday morning.
Renata Erasmus, spokesperson for Life Med Ambulance Service, said the woman was in a critical condition, reports the Rekord Moot.
“It was a traumatic amputation and she was stabilised on the scene and taken to the Steve Biko hospital for further medical treatment,” Erasmus said.
Life Med offered some safety tips for driving in rainy weather:
– Take your time. Slowing down is the only way to keep your vehicle from hydroplaning.
– Turn your headlights on to help other vehicles see you.
– Give other vehicles more space.
– Be informed and stay updated with news bulletins for road closures and weather reports.
– In the event of an emergency call 0861-086-911.
– Caxton News Service