NewsNews

Moti brothers found after three-week kidnapping ordeal

In a statement on the Facebook page of the family's business Auto Moti on Thursday morning, the family said the boys had been reunited with their parents.

Following a three-week kidnapping ordeal the Moti brothers have been found. 

In a statement on the Facebook page of the family’s business Auto Moti on Thursday morning, the family said the boys had been reunited with their parents.

At the time of the kidnapping police spokesperson Brigadier Motlafela Mojapelo said preliminary investigations revealed that the children aged 7, 11, 13 and 15 years, who are all learners from a primary school in Dalmada, on the outskirts of Polokwane, were forcefully removed from their scholar transport by a group of about 7 suspects armed with rifles.

“The 64-year-old driver allegedly fetched the children from Nirvana and was driving along then R37 road near the N1 bypass when he was suddenly blocked by two vehicles, a white Kia Sorento and black Mercedes Benz. A total of seven occupants from the two vehicles, dressed in white overalls alighted and started firing shots randomly.”

“The suspects then forced the four children out of the vehicle into   their Mercedes Benz and then drove off towards the direction of the R81 road, leaving the distraught driver on the scene together with his vehicle, Mojapelo said in a statement. 

This is a developing story.

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Vaalweekblad in Google News and Top Stories.

Gugulethu Kgongoane

Gugulethu Kgongoane is the Online Editor of Sedibeng Ster. Email: gugu@mooivaal.co.za She is also an online journalist of Vaalweekblad. Email: gugu@mooivaal.co.za
Back to top button