Prince Albert has confirmed that Princess Charlene will soon be returning to Monaco and her family after being away for six months.
Princess Charlene made her way to South Africa early this year to check on the progress of her foundation’s work, and to spend some time with her brother and a few of her friends whom she had not seen in some time.
During her stay here, she contracted an ear, nose and throat infection, which resulted in her undergoing a series of surgeries, preventing her from returning home to her husband and children.
Earlier this month, Channel24 reported that the princess had undergone her final surgical procedure, and speaking to a French magazine, Albert has confirmed that his wife will be back in Monaco soon.
“She is in good shape and in much better spirits. She will be here long before November 19,” said Albert.
In a statement to People, Albert said he hoped he would be able to travel to Dubai with his wife to appear at Expo 2020 Dubai.
He also said there was a possibility that it would not happen, but they will make the decision to travel together to the expo at the last minute.
On a much sadder note, the princess recently took to her Instagram page to post a tribute to her dog, who recently passed away after being run over by a car.
The posts caption reads: “My little Angel died last [night], she was run over. I will miss you so much. Rest in peace.”