We have finally made it to the middle of the week, and as tiring as work may be, cooking a delicious meal for your family should be a labour of love.
Creating this delicious noodle bake will ensure that most of your time is spent focusing on other important things in your daily schedule, and it will certainly be loved and enjoyed by the whole family.
- 750g of ground chuck
- One can tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 227g of egg noodles
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1¼ cups of small curd cottage cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ cup of sliced green onions (less to taste)
- 1 cup of grated sharp Cheddar
- Crusty french bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brown the ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain the fat, and then add the tomato sauce, ½ teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, and then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook the egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Add to the noodles and stir. Add the green onions and stir.
- To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, and then sprinkle on half the grated Cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat and then a final layer of cheese. Bake until all the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with crusty French bread.
- To freeze: Assemble the Sour Cream Noodle Bake in a disposable aluminium oven-proof pan and seal the top of the container with the lid or heavy foil. Seal the edges to prevent freezer burn and place in the freezer.
- To cook from frozen: Place directly in a 180 degree Celsius oven and bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Remove the lid and bake until lightly brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes more.
This recipe was found on foodnetwork.com