This slow cooker honey soy beef recipe is super easy to recreate and is the perfect wholesome and hearty meal to serve for supper midweek.
Enjoy this mouthwatering recipe with vermicelli rice noodles or your favourite rice dish.
Slow cooker honey soy beef
- 250g packet vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 carrot, peeled, shredded into long strips
- 2 baby qukes, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
For the honey soy beef
- 80ml salt-reduced soy sauce
- 60ml hoisin
- 60ml honey
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, thickly sliced
- 3 whole star anise
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1.5kg piece beef brisket
ALSO TRY: Recipe of the day: Jamaican jerk chicken
- To make the honey soy beef, combine the soy sauce, hoisin, honey, ginger, star anise, garlic and 125ml (1/2 cup) water in a slow cooker. Add the beef and turn to coat. Cover and cook on High, turning every 2 hours, for 5-6 hours or until the beef is very tender. Use two forks to shred the beef. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Pour liquid from the slow cooker into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until liquid has reduced to about 250ml (1 cup). (Alternatively, you can do this in the slow cooker if your slow cooker has a simmer function). Strain through a fine sieve and discard solids. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow oil to settle on top. Carefully pour as much oil off the top as possible. Add beef and toss to combine.
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain. Divide among serving bowls. Top with two-thirds of the beef mixture, reserving one-third for pancakes tomorrow night. Top with carrot, cucumber and coriander. Sprinkle with shallot and sesame seeds.
This recipe was found on taste.com.au