Recipe: Tacos with vindaloo beans, crushed avocado and charred corn
Who knew that vegan tacos could be so delicious, and so easy?
Tacos with vindaloo beans, crushed avocado and charred corn
These tacos with vindaloo beans, crushed avocado and charred corn are the perfect quick dinner.
30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
50g vindaloo paste
400g tin drained red kidney beans
125ml (½ cup) tomato passata
A handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 corn on the cob
4 soft tacos
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the vindaloo paste to the pan and fry for a further minute. Add the kidney beans and tomato passata to the pan and fry for 3 minutes, stirring.
3. Add a handful of chopped fresh coriander and season.
4. Heat a dry griddle pan over very high heat. Add the corn and char, 3 minutes per side. In the same dry pan, fry the tacos, 1 minute per side
5. Fill the tacos with vindaloo beans, the crushed flesh of the avocados, charred corn cut from the cob, a sprinkle of chopped coriander and lemon wedges for squeezing.
6. Secure the tacos with a wooden skewer, if desired.
Brought to you by Food and Home