Having provided a glimpse last month of what South Africans could expect, returning Chinese automaker Chery has officially divulged pricing of the Tiggo 4 Pro.
The first model in the brand’s line-up to dock in South Africa with a more extensive range of products expected next year, the Tiggo 4 Pro will be offered in four trim levels powered by versions of its in-house developed 1.5-litre petrol engine.
Starting the range off, the Urban comes as standard with a 3.5-inch TFT instrument cluster display, as well as a four-speaker sound system plus the following:
- rear air-conditioning vents;
- keyless entry;
- 16-inch alloy wheels;
- auto on/off headlights;
- dual front airbags;
- push-button start;
- Electronic Stability Control;
- Hill Start Assist;
- Hill Descent Control;
- electric mirrors;
- electric windows all around;
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system;
- dual USB ports and Bluetooth;
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
True to its name, the step-up Comfort boasts the same level of spec, with the addition of a reverse camera, but swaps the five-speed manual gearbox for a CVT. Both engines are paired to the same engine, a normally aspirated version of the mentioned 1.5 that produces 85kW/141Nm.
At the range’s sharp-end is the Elite and Elite SE, both motivated by a turbocharged version of the 1.5 with outputs of 108kW/210Nm. The standard transmission is a six-speed manual with the CVT optional, but the sole option for the Elite SE.
As for features, both models boast a seven-inch digital instrument cluster, LED headlights and folding electric mirrors as well as:
- 17-inch machined dark chrome alloy wheels;
- six-speaker sound system;
- voice control;
- dual-zone climate control;
- leather upholstery;
- electrically adjustable driver’s seat;
- six airbags;
- tyre pressure monitor
Adorning the Elite SE is red exterior detailing, red contrasting stitch work inside, LED mood lighting and side mirror puddle lamps. All CVT equipped turbo models also come with a drive mode selector featuring three settings; Eco, Standard and Comfort.
While all models come as standard with a five year/60 000 km service plan as well as a five year/150 000 km warranty, the Tiggo 4 Pro debuts a South African industry, and probably also automotive industry, first ten year/1 000 000 km engine warranty.
- Tiggo 4 Pro 1.5 Urban – R269 900
- Tiggo 4 Pro 1.5 Comfort CVT – R299 900
- Tiggo 4 Pro 1.5 T-GDI Elite – R319 900
- Tiggo 4 Pro 1.5 T-GDI Elite CVT – R349 900
- Tiggo 4 Pro 1.5 T-GDI Elite SE CVT – R359 900