News / South Africa / Local News

Benno Stander
1 minute read
2 Apr 2017
4:09 pm

Ford Figo catches fire in parking lot

Benno Stander

Bystanders managed to open the bonnet and extinguished the flames.

Ford Figo on fire.

The unoccupied Ford Figo was parked in the parking lot when a bystander, Ms Serah Venn, parked next to it Mpumalanga, Lowvelder reports.

According to Venn, she first noticed something was wrong when she smelled, “Something weird, like rubber burning,” when her daughter opened her car’s window.

READ MORE: Ford SA CEO Jeff Nemeth recalled to the US

Bystanders were able to open the car and extinguish the fire before the car burnt out.

Bystanders were able to open the car and extinguish the fire before the car burnt out.

This was then that she noticed smoke was appearing from under the Ford Figo’s bonnet, and swiftly parked further away.

According to Venn quite few bystanders gathered and on investigation found that the Figo was not locked. They then managed to open the bonnet and extinguish the flames.

Caxton News Service

For more news your way, follow The Citizen on Facebook and Twitter.