Gauteng crime fighting efforts have received a major boost with the appointment of seven senior managers.
In a statement, provincial police spokesperson Lieutenant-Colonel Mavela Masondo said provincial commissioner Lieutenant-General Elias Mawela had, since 1 September, been joined by two new deputy provincial commissioners and five district commissioners.
The new senior managers are:
- Brigadier B Muridili – provincial head: corporate communication and liaison;
- Brigadier M Mashele – provincial head: supply chain management;
- Brigadier D Sibuyi – station commander: Evaton;
- Brigadier MI Maota – station commander: Jeppe;
- Brigadier M Toohey – station commander: Soshanguve;
- Brigadier CL Ndlovu – station commander: Kempton Park; and
- Brigadier MA Maphota – station commander: Rietgat.
“We are today stronger with your appointments, more fierce and ever determined to continue with our fight against crime in Gauteng,” said Mawela.